Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thing 21 - Podcasts

My Christmas wishlist will contain an MP3 player (in case I don't win one) because I liked listening to podcasts. There are so many different subject areas to chose from - I especially like the podcast.net where I could browse alphabetically by tags. When I looked under L to find something library-related, it showed:
librarian (4)
librarians (5)
libraries (9)
library (39)
libraryandinformationscie (2)
librarymusic (1)
libraryofeconomicsandlibe (1)
libraryscience (3)
librarysearch (1)
That's a lot to listen to. So I sent the SirsiDynix Institute podcasts RSS to my bloglines. Stephen Abrams does a lot of podcasts dealing with Web 2.0 material. So I can listen at work!
I also looked up quilting this way and wouldn't mind listening to Alex Anderson while I sew. And for all those Project Runway fans in the library - I found podcasts by Tim Gunn! I might also be interested in listening to some health related episodes.
I see that the Yahoo!podcasts site is closing down after Oct. 31 and podcastalley seemed a little dark and weird for me. Maybe I just didn't give it a chance.

No comments: