Friday, September 21, 2007

Thing 19 - Web 2.0 Awards


I checked out the 1st place winner for the category retail - Threadless (www.threadless.com) It's all about T-shirts. I enjoyed looking at all the designs and reading about how the designers came up with their ideas. You can sign on and discuss the designs as well as shop for the t-shirts and/or hoodies. This site would be very social for the younger set who wear a lot of t-shirts as they can blog about them; so I guess I could see this being used for something in the YA section. Maybe have a 'design a t-shirt' contest and submit the winner OR find a design to order for a teen book discussion or summer reading

"Lost in Translation"
I wish I had seen this site earlier because there was a perfect shirt (see above) for Lee to wear in France. It's called "International Translation" and it is covered in pictures of things you would be looking for while traveling. Then you can just point to the picture of what it is and the natives can steer you in the right direction. Cool!

No comments: