Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thing 8 - Bloglines

Okay, I registered. I have gone to many workshops that discussed RSS feeds and how they work. Thought they were an interesting concept so I'm glad I finally had the opportunity to try. Though I can't think of what I need to have sent to me 'right away'. I already had the comic "Unshelved" emailed to me everyday; but I added it to bloglines anyway. If I use it I may cancel the email. I also haven't forced myself to find 10 - will add more when something interesting to me comes up. I did put in some Cecil County blogs and Erica Hassler's. My best library feed, so far, is "Stephen's Lighthouse" - by Stephen Abram, SirsiDynix vice president of Innovation (at least he used to be) who calls it "Stuff of interest to me that may be of interest to library folk." He is a wonderful speaker with good ideas about the future of libraries.
I also went to a session on adding the RSS feed to our website/catalog. I'm afraid it made my head hurt because I would need API training to do it. It made the other tech people I was with blurry eyed too!

No comments: