Friday, August 31, 2007

Thing 16 - Wikis

I have known about Wikis for a long time now though I have never made any changes to one. I have always had the concept that wikipedia can't be trusted; but I find it great to use when I work on my crossword puzzles. It almost always has the answer to those detail type clues as 'artist of "Prima Ballerina"' or 'star of a (certain) 1937 movie'. The member-type wiki can be a very powerful tool. The Unicorn User Group started one several years ago to discuss solutions to problems that we were all having rather than just posting answers on a listserve or forum. That way, changes could be made as someone discovered something that would work. Also, someone else suggested that we could use a wiki to work on a group project - we didn't, but I can see how that would work.

No comments: